Test
22.08.2019
Hit of the Day !Hit of the Week!Hit of the Month !Hit of the Year !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !
 
slovensky
slovensky

Mikroregion Bošáčka


Haluzice

Lokation
 Attraction highlighting: a fortified church (the 12th century), Haluzická prierva (gorge)

In the Bošácka valley in the northwest of Nové Mesto nad Váhom is situated village Haluzice known thanks to its antigue ruins of a fortified church. The first written mention of village is from the year 1398 under the name Halusych, the first written mention of the Church is from the 13th century, (1477 Halhozycz, 1598 Haluzics, 1773 Haluzicze).
The Hungarian name of village was Gallyas. Village is situated on the border of the White Carpathians, absolute altitude, number of inhabitants 80.


Path for cycling:
Trenčianske Bohuslavice, Haluzice, Bošáca, Zemianske Podhradie, Nová Bošáca, a frontier crossing to the Moravia – Březová.
Trenčianske Bohuslavice, Haluzice, Štvrtok nad Váhom, Ivanovce, Melčice, Chocholná-Velčice and from these villages to the surrounding valleys of the White Carpathians.
Village has a favourable starting position for tourist marches to hills and valleys of the White Carpathians.

Access:
- by train from Trenčín and Nové Mesto nad Váhom to Trenčianske Bohuslavice, by bus from Trenčín or Nové Mesto nad Váhom.


Points of interest, remarkables and rarities


back to top

The first written mention of the fortified Church is from the year 1299 in a document where is described a situation of obtaining the Haluzice´s Castle by the royal army from Matúš Čák. It was during the reign of the last Hungarian King Ondrej III from the Arpád´s family. There was a conflict between Matúš and the King. Because on the right bank of the Váh river there was neither castle nor hill-fort, the Church was fortified as a short-term refuge from the surroundings during the wars. Round the Church there was built a protective stone wall with many towers and loopholes. Ruins of the Church were restored in the year 1968 and you can see them from the Považie.

Haluzice
Haluzice

Near the ruins of the Church is stretched a 1km long, 200m wide and 50m deep Haluzická prierva (gorge) which arose by erosion of a brook in a very little resistant shales and dolomites of the White Carpathians. The gorge is becoming wider and wider. In the year 1870 there was a foot-bridge to pass through. The gorge is a protected landscape area.


Translation:  Bendíková


Info:
         e-mail: trade@ba.psg.sk
         phone: 00421-903447629, 00421-650340155
   
Attractions
      
E-mail us
 
home

  back