It is situated in the Bystrá-Valaská Karst of the Upper Hron River Valley, at the southern border of Bystrá village, near the southern slopes of the Low Tatras. It was formed in Middle Triassic limestones by ponor waters of Bystrianka stream. It consists of the Old cave, Hell and the New cave, having about 2,000 m in length. The old cave was discovered in 1923 and the other parts in 1926 and 1932. A part of the cave was open to the public in 1939 and 1940. The current 490 m of cave spaces have been open to public in 1968. It has been serving for speleotherapeutic procedures since 1972.
Bystrianska jaskyňa, 977 01 Brezno, tel.: 00421/867-6195133.