Hit of the Day !Hit of the Week!Hit of the Month !Hit of the Year !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !


 Attraction highlighting: 

The earliest historical reference for Kráľovce - Krnišov dates from 1266 which means that the village is a typical example of one of the oldest villages in the region. The village is situated in the micro region of Južné Sitno and spreads over the protected area of Štiavnické vrchy. The easiest way to approach this village is by the road No. 525 which starts in the town of Banská Štiavnica, goes through valley of Štiavnica river and joins the crossroads at Hontianske Nemce. From this crossroad, the roads then continue to Zvolen (via Krupina), second to the spa town of Dudince and continuing further to Hungary and the third to the western side of Slovakia (via Levice).

view on the village
the view on the village

Points of interest, remarkables and rarities

back to top

Flora, fauna and leisure activities in Kráľovce - Krnišov
  • Local forests and woods are full of oak, beech and horn-beam trees
  • A 400 year old oak tree (height - 25 m, girth - 630 cm, the longest branch - 14 m, volume - 403 m3) and 200 years old linden tree
  • Several varieties of mushrooms such as boletus and chanterelle
  • Hunting trips available
  • Private horse riding farm centre
  • Footpaths for walkers (suitable during summer season)
  • Tradition of local viticulture - the village has always grown grapes and produced local wine. Special wine cellars under wine houses were used for grape storage.

Local architecture and traditions
  • Despite of the modern development in the village, there are still some examples of the local architecture such as houses with wooden roofs, typical gables and hand made carpets, stone columns supporting gates, ornamental sculptures, stone window frames and traditional churchyard stones, hand crafted gates and metal ornaments on windows. There is also a village well containing high quality water, which is still used in the households.
  • The neo gothic church dates from 1794 and was rebuilt in 1911.
  • The bell house
  • Local delicatessen and specialties: egg mash called "baba", small sweet pasties and strudels filled with jam, poppy seeds, sweet cheese or crushed nuts.

Famous locals and natives
  • Andrej Kmeť - archaeologist, botanist and ethnographer who lived in the village between 1873 and 1878
  • Jozef Luňáček - naturalist who lived in the village between 1844 and 1911
  • Prof. Samuel Stankoviansky - scientist in the area of analytical chemistry who cooperated with prof. Hezrovský who was the recipient of a Nobel award.

Translation: Bendíková

         e-mail: trade@ba.psg.sk
         phone: 00421-903447629, 00421-650340155
E-mail us