Test
23.07.2019
Hit of the Day !Hit of the Week!Hit of the Month !Hit of the Year !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !
 
slovensky
slovensky

Mikroregion Teplý Vrch


Lukovištia

Lokation
 Attraction highlighting: 

Village was mentioned in year 1407, like Lwkowystya and since 1927, like Lukovištia. It came to existence by union of villages Malé Lukovištia and Lehotka. Area of village is situated on 1429 hectares and 360 metres high above the sea level. Its parts are Bukovina, Chotený luh, Nový svet, Patočina, Pustie and U skalky, too. They are situated in south-east part of Slovak Rudohorie, on the right side of stream Papča. North-west upland’s part of area and the south-west with relict surface of highlands are created by andesits. The area around the village is not wooden, elsewhere oaken wood.

Village was documented since 1407, but youth rage to 13.century. Around 14.century decayed to Veľké and Malé Lukovištia, which belonged to Derescény, from the half of 15.century to several yeomans. In 1427 there was 18 ports. During Turkish invasion part of inhabitants are moved away. In 1828 village had 120 houses and 967 inhabitants. They shot for agriculture, rearing sheeps, tan, carrying trade and home crafts. In the period of first ČSR the main employment was agriculture and growing of fruits. Malé Lukovištia like village is not directly documented 1427 and 1450, directly 1574. It belonged to Derescény, since 17.century transformed to solitude Teletnek like individual village is documented in 1407 like ownership of Derescény. It vanished round 1548.

In village is situated evangelic baroque-classicistic church from 1794 with painted wooden ceiling. There is memorial house of great poet, national artist Ivan Krasko (12.7.1876 – 3.3.1958), who was bored and buried there. Local cemetery is the last place of repose for one of the greatest Slovak journalists and philologists of simultaneity Ladislav Mňačko.


Year of village´s foundation: 1425-1450
Village owns: sign of village (coat-of-arms), seal, flag.

Some important business companies:
  • Sekopol, s.r.o., agricultural company
  • OPS – Village´s distillery


  • Village is the birth-place of a poet Ivan Krasko (native house, bust, grave-gravestone) There was buried poet Ladislav Mňačko.

    From the territory of village is an interesting view of panorama of the Slovenské rudohorie and the Low Tatras.



    Info:
             e-mail: trade@ba.psg.sk
             phone: 00421-903447629, 00421-650340155
       
    Attractions
          
    E-mail us
     
    home

      back