Tourist-Channel Slovakia: New homepage!
Test
17.02.2019
Hit of the Day !Hit of the Week!Hit of the Month !Hit of the Year !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !


Slovensky

Deutch
Arms

Rakovnica

Actual position Village Rakovnica
 Attraction highlighting:  Catholic Church, Evangelical Church, Catholic Chapel 'Magdolna'
   
The village of Rakovnica is situated in the western part of the natural basin known as Rožňavská kotlina. The village is surrounded by the picturesque mountains of Slovenské rudohorie and Turecká as well as the northern plains of Plešivecká planina.
Rakovnica belongs to the Košice region and District of Rožňava town. It is located only 6 km from Rožňava which makes it an ideal place to live in the rural environment and still have an easy access to the hussle and bussle of the nearby small town. The village is also located on the main road which connects the town of Rožňava with the nearby village of Štítnik.
The total cadastral area of the village is 711 hectares of which 309 hectares is used for farming and agricultural activities. Further 329 hectares spreads across the local forest where walkers and nature lovers can find many sorts of trees including oak, beech, horn beam, birch and spruce. Several short and long distance footpaths around the village can be used by those who like walking. They are suitable for people of all ages who enjoy the beauty of nature, fresh air and other outdoors activities.
Historical information about Rakovnica:
The earliest written reference of the village dates from 1327.
The village was originally owned by King Belo IV.
The history of the village name dates to 1327 when it was formerly known as "Rakunchas". In the further centuries the name of the village was changed several times and it was known as "Ujfalu - the New Village" (Nová Ves) in 1352, "Rekenyeúffalu - the New Village of Rekeňa" (Rakeňská Nová Ves) in 1427, "Rekeňa" in 1920 and finally "Rakovnica" since 1948.
The main source of living for villagers has always been farming and raw iron mining.
The sealing stamp of the village dates from the early 19th century. Its original imprint can be found in the historical archive in Budapest (Capital of Hungary). The picture on the stamp consists of the figure of miner who holds two mine hammers above his head. There is also a picture of star above the miner and couple of rocks on each side of the figure. The same theme was used for village's own coat of arms.
The most valuable archaeological buildings of the village include the Catholic Church built in 1853, the Evangelical Church built in 1866 and a small Catholic Chapel known as "Magdolna" which was built in the early 14th century in the heart of the village.

       

Info:
         e-mail: trade@ba.psg.sk
         phone: 00421-903447629, 00421-650340155
   
Attractions
      
E-mail us
 
home

  back