Archaeological sights and localities:
Amphitheatre of Roman camp with the visitor center (the exposition of archaeological park Carnuntum). The arena is 72 meters long and 44 meters wide. It has two entrances (from the West and the East). It has together 8,000 places for sitting.
Archaeological Museum Carnuntum (coat of arms from 1903/04 made by Friedrich Ohmann a August Kirstein).
The museum Carnuntum in Bad Deutsch-Altenburg is with its 3.300 exhibits the biggest Roman museum in Austria.
Churches and sacral buildings:
The spring with the column of St. Mary (named the column Fiebersäule, from 1700):
The column of St. Mary was built round the year 1700 as the suggestion of a woman, who was here in spa. She wanted to express her thanks for getting rid of enormous temperature. It is situated on the crossing Badgasse-Pfarrer-Maurer-Gasse, on the road between the Church of St. Mary and the Chapel of St. Elisabeth.
The Statue of St Nepomuk on the bridge Schloßbrücke (1725):
The statue of St. Nepomuk on the bridge Schlossbrücke (Pfarrer-Maurer-Gasse) is made by Giovanni Giuliani. It was a present of countess Esterházy. A holy man is represented by the priest, in his left hand he has a cross with little angel Putto. The next Putto sits near to his feet. He holds the biretta in his left hand and one finger of his right hand he has on his mouth. This is the symbol of protection of confessional secrecy. Above the head of the priest there is chaplet with five stars.
The Chapel of St. Hubert – the rest for hunters (1966):
The Chapel of St. Hubert was built by the association of local hunters in the forest near the road to Petronell in 1966. It was supported by hunters with their own hunting ground, then municipality and agriculture. In the case of nice weather on the 1st May the hunting ceremonial exhibition is organized.
St. Family in front of the Chapel of St. Elizabeth (1960):
The sculpture made from concrete was created by the sculptor Alfred Schlosser. He also created the Bethlehem and Redeemer for the tomb inside the chapel (1960).
The sculpture of St. Elizabeth in the Chapel of St. Elizabeth (1954):
This fresco is situated on the wall near the altar.
The Red Cross (1700):
This memorable plaque was re-built to a chapel in 1976.
The Plague Memorable Plaque (1964):
Inside of the new memorial there had been original Baroque Pieta till it was stolen. It was replaced by the new one, made by Erwin Burgstaller. It was consecrated on 15. September 1983.
The Hainburger or the Little Women Column (1717).
The Statue of St. Florian (1726).
The little Statue of St. Nepomuk (1750).
The Lourds Cave (1930).
The Cross of St. Anne in the front gate to the cemetery (1805).
The Cross of Cholera (1836):
It is situated on the local cemetery and is dedicated to unknown victims of the river Danube.
The Hungarian Cross (1962):
It was built in 1962 as a memory to Hungarian Pilgrimage routes to the cemetery of fallen heroes. It is situated near the ossarium. Today it is a part of cemetery.
The Gothic Statue near the big cemetery from 1500.
Ornamental sculptures and crucifixes:
The white Cross (1600):
It is situated on the crossing of the roads from Prellenkirchen to Hundsheim and with the road from Hohlweg.
The Cross Höglerkreuz on the Street of Dr. Sommerweg (1815):
It was built as a memory to all died on this unlucky part of the road.
The Cross Mineurkreuz (1880):
This cross is situated in the Haydnweg Street. It was built in the empty stone pit on the hill Kirchenberg as a memory to the fatal first usage of explosives for the stone mining.
Castles and chateaus:
The castle Ludwigstorff (originally Wasserburg, rebuilt in 17th and 18th Century, you can see is only from outside).
Architectonic buildings of the present time:
The column of Marcus Aurelius (1960):
The memorial on the side of Stromufer reminds the fording of Danube by Roman army leaded by Marcus Aurelius, during the times of fighting with German tribes in 172-174 and 177-179.
Another attractions from the area of culture:
The clock on the Central Square (1909):
The dominant of the Central Square is the clock from 1909. Its design is created by Adolf Pohl.
The Metrological Box in the Spa Park (1930):
It was originally placed on the crossing Badgasse-Pfarrer-Maurer-Gasse, between the Church of t. Mary and the Chapel of St. Elizabeth. Because of renovations on Badgasse Street it was moved to the Spa Park. On its original place there is the Well of St. Mary from 1999.
The Spring on the Central Square (1954):
Near the clock there is a spring with benches. It invites for the rest. It was built by architect Josef Prix from Hainburg in 1954.
Memorable plaques and places:
The Gravestone of priest Kessler (1742).
Priest Franz Prack – memorial plaque (1845):
The memorial plaque is on the wall of cemetery behind the grave of priest Josef Maurer as a memory to priest Franz Prack.
The Monument of the priest Mauer (1894).
The Jewish Monument (1945):
The monument is situated on the cemetery and it is a memory to unknown Jewish victims, who were murdered in Bad Deutsch Alterburg by SA unit during the “March for Death” from Engerau on 30. March 1945.
The Memorial of Soldiers (1945):
The memorial in front of cemetery walls is the memory to fallen soldiers German Wehrmacht from 1939 – 1945.
The Cross of Stone Grinder (Steinbrecherkreuz) (1998):
The memorial consists of original gravestone of the priest Mauer. It is a memory to many generations of people working in stone pits around Bad Deutsch-Altenburg for more than 2000 years.
The Memorial of Dr. Sommer on the Street Dr. Sommerweg (1991):
Mr. Carl Sommer used to be from 1870 a healer of wounds, but he had a reputation in Deutsche Altenburg also from the other areas of medicine.
The War Memorial on the hill Kirchenberg (1921):
The War Memorial was created by Adolf Pohl and it was built in 1921 as a memory to fallen soldiers in World War I. Today it is a memorial of fallen soldiers from both world War I. and II.
The Memorial of Emperor Franz Joseph (1906).
Parks, gardens and other historical greenery:
Spa park, garden Mühlgarten.