Tourist-Channel Slovakia: New homepage!
Test
19.03.2019
Hit of the Day !Hit of the Week!Hit of the Month !Hit of the Year !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !


Slovensky

Deutch

Magyarul

Eckartsau

Actual position Village Eckartsau
   
Eckartsau-

Secretariat of the Municipality Council: Franz ISTA, Untere Hauptstr. 13, 2305 Eckartsau, Phone: 02214/ 2138
Contact person for tourist opportunities: Gabriele MAYER, Municipality Council of Eckartsau, Phone: 02214/2202/11
Altitude: 153 m, Number of citizens: 1140, Capacity of beds: 10
(Cadastral municipalities: Kopfstetten, Pframa, Wagram/Donau, Witzelsdorf)
Eckartsau is famous thanks cultural event „The Days of Orchestral Classical Music“, that is organized every year. The concerts are organized in former hunting lodge of Habsburgs. Today it is the seat of State Administration of Forests and offers the best quality for its visitors.
General facilities:
bus connection from Vienna (Wien), doctor, pharmacy, Red Cross, car repair service, bank
Sights of the municipality:
Baroque castle Eckartsau – first mention comes from 1180. The wall-painting of Goddess of hunting Diana was made by Lorenz Mattielli. The painting on ceiling in ceremonial hall was made by Daniel Gran in 1732. In 1760 was the castle bought by the family of Habsburgs. During the years 1897-98 it was completely renovated, the new library was installed and castle courtyard re-built. The architect Viktor Siedek was asked to do it by Franz Ferdinand d’Este, archduke and successor of the throne. The emperor Karl spent here the time after his resignation from the throne till his leaving to exile (11. November 1918 till 23. March 1919).
Opening hours: April – October; exhibitions Friday/Saturday/Sunday at 11 am and 2 pm
Contact – phone: 02214/2240.
Vicarage church of St. Leonard
Its core was built in 14th Century and was re-built to baroque style in 1703.
Pilgrimage church „Maria Schutz“ is situated in Kopfstetten on Kirchenberg (in Middle Ages originally called Hausberg, later in 1462 Burgstall and finally in 1769 re-built to baroque style).
Sport activities and opportunities for your spare time:
walks and cycling, trips with guide, cruise ships/carriage ride through national park Danube – Woods (Information: the Castle Eckartsau, Phone: 02214/2335-18, open April – October)
Lodging:
Private – family Moik, Marktplatz 3, Phone: 02214/2235
Guesthouse "Kramreiter" (Wednesdays closed), Untere Hauptstraße 12, Phone: 02214/2203
Private – family Kaltenbrunner, Obere Hauptstraße 20, Phone: 02214/2883
Restaurants and taverns:
Tavern "Kramreiter", Untere Hauptstraße 12, Phone: 02214/2203
Tavern "Müller", Kopfstetten Nr. 6, Phone: 02214/2262
Tavern "Steiger", Witzelsdorf Nr. 14, Phone: 02214/2263

       
Home page of the Village:
http://tiscover.com/eckartsau
E-mail address of the Village:
marktgemeinde@eckartsau.gv.at

Info:
         e-mail: trade@ba.psg.sk
         phone: 00421-903447629, 00421-650340155
   
Attractions
      
E-mail us
 
home

  back