Petržalka is the largest city section of
Bratislava, the capital of SR. Together with Jarovce, Rusovce and Čuňovo it
forms the district – Bratislava V, which is the 5th largest
district in Slovakia according to its number of inhabitants. According to
population density it is the 3rd most populated.
The first written notice about Petržalka has its origin in the year 1225,
though the original independent municipality was except insignificant remainders
pulled down. In this place of the largest housing complex of Slovakia live
almost 130 000 inhabitants. The ratio of economically active and perspectively
active population of the total makes 85,9 %, the learnedness coefficient 78% of
all inhabitants with high school and university education is compared to other
city sections and other cities of Slovakia very high.
location of Petržalka – Danube’s right riverside, the nearest distance to
the capital’s center but most of all close to the border with Hungary and
Austria it to have animportant influence to Bratislava’s economy
and small business not only from the
aspect of having significant traffic routes nearby.
The most important plants in the area are Matador, Matadorfix Ltd., Matadorroll,
joint stock company and Hydronika, jsc.
Places of Interest
There take place regularly significant horse
races at the State racecourse in Petržalka.
Other rarity is a mobile, artificial ice rink first of its kind in Slovakia and
in-line roller blade
The theater Aréna belongs among
important and looked for objects of cultural and social life that celebrates its
100th anniversary in the year 2000. The Park of Janko Kráľ
is the first public park in central Europe. Restaurant Leberfing has been built
in the 16th century and has undergone many changes up to today’s
There take place numerous international exhibitions and congresses in the
exhibition and congress center Incheba. The Economical
University has its seat in Petržalka, too.
The city districtss of Bratislava, the district Bratislava V
Home page of the town/village: