Village Podolie belongs
to the oldest villages in the Trenčín region. The first mentions of Podolie
originate from the year 1332 under the name Lessak, Lesate.
At present it counts
2050 inhabitants. Its dominant is the Church of St George built in the Gothic
style. In the part of the village – former Korytné – is situated the late
Classicistic brick Bell-tower from the latter half of the 19th
century and the Pole of the Holy Trinity.
Places of Interest
The biggest expansion of
the village came in the 70-ies and 80-ies of the 20th century when
the Culture house was built and where the Municipal Office has its seat. A part
of the area is a health center with chemist´s shop. There were constructed a
kinder-garden and an elementary school.
There are trade network and other
services of good level. Among the bigger and smaller business subjects are the
Agricultural cooperative company and firm Podos, plc., in operation. In sports
area are constructed two football playgrounds, tennis-courts and athletic area.