The first written record about the existence of Prievidza is in the document of Zoborské
Abbey from 1113.
Favourable economic conditions, development of crafts and growing trade created
preconditions for a trade settlement of Prievidza to develop into a town. The town´s
privileges were granted to Prievidza by Queen Maria in 1383.
Points of interest, remarkables and rarities
In Prievidza an important cultural monuments is situated - a Baroque church and Piarist
monastery from the second half of 18th century. The architecture and wall paintings of
this precious jewel belong to the most valuable Baroque monuments not only in Slovakia
but also in Central Europe.
Prievidza and its surroundings offer opportunities for recreation, spa stays, tourism,
relaxation and enjoyment in beautiful natural environment.
Official Homepage of town: