Slovenská Ľupča - in the past a royal town, first time mentioned in 1250.
Slovenská Ľupča is situated 10 km from Banská Bystrica towards Brezno and has
approximately 3000 inhabitants. The community is dominated by the historical 13th-century
castle, which is open to the public.
To the valuable cultural monuments belong also the archeological finds od the
ruins of the medieval monastery and the 13th-century church.
The Catholic church with the plague pillar, the Protestant church and several preserved
burgher and farmer houses also belongs to the sights.
The nature of the Low Tatras and the Slovenské Rudohorie offers opportunities for
walks and sport activities.