Sucany is located 9 kilometres northeast from the town of Martin. It is among one of the earlier areas in the continent
that were originally colonised by Slav tribes. The earliest documented reference
was written in the year of 1258. Till nearly half of the 14th
century, Sucany belonged to part of castle Sklabina´s property, after which
became small centre for the
estate around the local castle. The
castle was demolished at the order of King Matej in the year of 1488.
By the middle of the 14th century, Sucany became a serfhood
municipality with administrational and jurisdictional autonomy, with the right
to arrange the public markets and to collect revenue and tools from merchants.
Touristic camping grounds – 100 guests (summer
roman Catholic church, built in the late 13th century with gothic
- The Evangelist church, built in 1783 with an altar
picture by artist J.B.Klemens created in 1862,
- pranier z 30. rokov 19. storočia,
- The birth home of Durko Langsfeld with a permanent exposition about
the history of Sucany.
Historical nobles of Sucany:
- Karol Ambroz - elektrote technician,
- Dr. Milan Hodza- political
bourgeois, primier of the first Czechoslovakia Republic
- Durko Langsfeld- volunteer
in the Revolution of 1848.
two football fields (soccer fields),
mountain climbing on the Maly Fatransky Krivan peak,
- The“Plutva” bathing resort – 100 guests
The house of sports – 60 guests,