Test
02.02.2023
Hit of the Day !Hit of the Week!Hit of the Month !Hit of the Year !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !
 
slovensky
slovensky

Mikroregion Bošáčka

erb

Trenčianske Bohuslavice

Lokation
 Attraction highlighting: The Baroque Chapel

Near the main road between Trenčín and Nové Mesto nad Váhom in front of the Beckov castle is situated village Trenčianske Bohuslavice as an entry to the Bošácka valley. As the first written mention of Bohuslavice was considered a pergamen from the year 1208 issued by the Ezstergom´s canonry following the decision of Nitra´s master Tomáš. It occures here a fact of property, settlement Buczlai for the first time. In a pergamen from 1436 is mentioned the family Bohuslavickís and name of village Boguslawicz. (1450 Bohwzlawycz, 1481 Bohwslavicze). The Hungarian name Bogoszló and the German Bohuslawitz (the Austria-Hungary).

Coat-of-arms of village was taken from a former seal of Bohuslavice and is formed by: in a red field St Catharine of Alexandria dressed in silver with a golden crown on her head. Village is situated on the border of the White Carpathians, absolute altitude 200m, 920 inhabitants.


Trenčianske Bohuslavice
Aerial sight village


Path for cycling:
Trenčianske Bohuslavice, Haluzice, Bošáca, Zemianske Podhradie, Nová Bošáca, to the Moravia through frontier crossing, Březová, Lopeník, to Mikulčin hill, Vyškovec, Starý Hrozenkov and through frontier crossing Drietoma back to Slovakia.There start some signed and not signed tourist pathes to the White Carpathians.
Access:
- by train from Trenčín and Nové Mesto nad Váhom to Trenčianske Bohuslavice, by bus from Trenčín or Nové Mesto nad Váhom.


Points of interest, remarkables and rarities


back to top

Village is famous for its Baroque Chapel. Its rococo decoration belongs to the worthest of this kind in Slovakia. Frescos of the Chapel are the work of a world-known artist A.Maulbertsch from Vienna. The Chapel is a rest of the former manor-house of the aristocratic family Erdodys and comes from 1763. (If you want to visit the Chapel, please let us know at the Roman-Catholic parish office in Bošáca, phone: +421/32/7781201).


In the south of village there is Turecko hill (351m). Its northern part is covered by wood-heath and southern part by stone-heath. This area was declared the protected field of rare flora and fauna. Turecko hill had got this name of a camp built by the Turks during the times of their fighting against the Beckov castle and its inhabitants. In the north of village there is Hájnica hill, also the protected field of thermophilic vegetation with a big occurence of adonis vernalis. It reaches here its northern line of the occurence in Slovakia.


Translation:  Bendíková


Info:
         e-mail: trade@ba.psg.sk
         phone: 00421-903447629, 00421-650340155
   
Attractions
      
E-mail us
 
home

  back