A typical Slovak yeoman's village with a rich history situated in a beautiful garden of
the Turiec river. If you taste boiled sheep's whey and sheep cheese at the local
shepherd's hut, you sure will be going back to us!
Village Turčianske Jaseno
Location: 8km to the southeast of Martin, near the Veľká Fatra.
Absolute altitude: 533m above sea level.
Area: 2 047ha.
The highest peak: Lysec - 1381m above sea level (4km away from village)
Points of interest, remarkables and rarities
Cultural - historical monuments:
(in case of interest of visiting these objects here mentioned, please contact Ing.
Jana Jesenská - the mayoress of village).
- the Gothic Church of St Margita from the half of the 13th century - the Cultural
monument - an unique one in present-day, with some restored pictures - frescos.
- "Pamätnica Jesenskovcov" - a memorial room which presents life and work of the
most important Jesenský family with regard of Dr. Ján Jessenius - a world-known
doctor, scientist, philosopher and humanist.
- The Evangelical Church - nowadays serves for religional masses.
the Gothic Church of St Margita
Board and lodging:
- in the wintertime in case of favourable snow conditions a ski-lift (400m) in the
local part Búňovica is in operation.
- In the summertime good condiitions for walking and cycle-tourism into near and
in the village there is the Jaseno - a boarding house - entrepreneur: Rekrea - Ing.