Village Tvrdošovce is situated in the Podunajská lowland at the lower flow of the Váh
river, 10km to the northwest of the district Nové Zámky. Terrier of village with extension
of 5556ha is plain, 120m above sea level. With number of inhabitants (5150) belongs to
the biggest rustic villages of Slovakia.
80% of inhabitants is of Magyar nationality and 20% of Slovak nationality.
A big part of inhabitants deal with agricultural small-scale production (farmers),
because of very good conditions in the village.
Access to the village is by road of the first class No.75 passing through the centre of
village and by railway route Bratislava - Nové Zámky - Štúrovo.
The first written mention about village is from the year 1221 when was donated by
Ondrej II. to the Monastery "Heiligenkreuz", but signs of settlement of our village come
from the Bronze Age.
Points od interest, remarkables and rarities
The most important cultural monuments of village are:
- The Church of St Stephan: appearance of present-day from the
first half of the 18th century. Frescos decorating the interier of the Church come from
the Master Jakubeya. In the Church there is a small museum with worth clerical and
- The Rákoczi monument: was built on a place where the Earl
Bercsényi sent three important letters to F.Rákóczi II. in the year 1704.
- The Cenotaph: was consecrated in the year 1941 and many
commemorative tablets with names of dead soldiers (fellow-citizens) from World War I.
and II. and during the Revolution in the year 1848 are here.
- The Curia: served as a seat of local yeoman Juhásza. Now it
serves as a restaurant.
The Church of St. Stephan
Recreational houses of village:
- thermal swimming pool
- football playground
- volleyball playground
- pond in the terrier of village
- boarding-house in sports area (capacity - 50 persons)
- restaurant services
- pubs and amusement places
- shopping system
- video rental, hairdresser´s
- filling station, auto service
- health centre
- banks, post, bankomat