Tourist-Channel Slovakia: New homepage!
Test
20.07.2018
Hit of the Day !Hit of the Week!Hit of the Month !Hit of the Year !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !Slovak version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !English version pages www.tourist-channel.sk !


Slovensky

Deutch
Arms

Kružná

Actual position Village Kružná
   
Kružná-

The village of Kružná is situated in the western part of the natural basin known as Rožňavská kotlina and on the northwestern side of the plain called Plešivecká planina.
The earliest written reference of the village, formerly known as "Keueus", dates from 1327 when it belonged to a member of the Máriáss' family and is located near the village of Brzotín. The name of the village has changed several times over the past centuries. It was known as "Kewres", "Kerus", "Kourus", "Keurus", "Kurus", "Berzétkeforos" (1906), "Koros", "Kerešovce" (1920) and finally "Kružná" since 1948. The majority of these names derive from the word "koris" meaning "cleared woods". The village owned several small fields which did not give its inhabitants a lot of crops for the limited amount of land so they became dependant on wood trade, coal production and sheep farming. The village's own original sealing stamp shows the words "Sen Egeto" meaning "coal burning".

       

Info:
         e-mail: trade@ba.psg.sk
         phone: 00421-903447629, 00421-650340155
   
Attractions
      
E-mail us
 
home

  back